Monday, November 15, 2010

Unfinished Work - Palm City (The GTA Clone)

Back in 2007, I fell in love with Grand Theft Auto Vice City and the Miami Beach theme in general.
So I decided to create my own version of it in 2D, named Palm City. Due to technical limitations, it had to use the top down view like the original Grand Theft Autos. Due to copyright issues, I did not call my game "Grand Theft Auto" but as you can see from many of screenshots, elements from Vice City are present (like the protagonist). Work began the Summer of 2007 and ended around Winter 2008. I then returned to work on the user interface for an hour Spring 2008. Unfortunately, no work has been done since and I have no plans of even finishing Palm City.


Protagonist Running



Protagonist Firing M-16 Assault Rifle






Side View (Map was created in 3D)




Really Early Screenshot (For Presentation Purposes)


And that, is Palm City as it is. There are no files available for download.

No comments:

Post a Comment